Don't bug Me

You don't always have to wake up energized, uplifted and cheerful.
There are days when you might feel more than a little messed up. Like today for instance. We add-ers have our little moods.

"Don't you know why" asks my beloved Vicki.
"No! " I growl back at her. See, even a professional like me can be a turd sometimes.
What were you just looking at last night? Duh. Weren't you looking at the records of your Mom's history during WWII? The certificate showing her among the survivors from Bergen-Belsen concentration camp... Her name on the roster from the Lodz ghetto in Poland.
"I'm not listening, la la la la. That's not it. Won't let a little thing like the holocaust bother me. Must. Push. Feelings. Away.

Or maybe I'm just burned out. I can't help people anymore. I've been therapist since 1982, and that's enough. I just want to watch car chases and gun fights on T.V. I want to go bowling, eat french fries and drink beer. I want to shoot BB guns, and take candy from babies. Now we're talkin'. I'm feeling better already.

We can all expect an "off day" now and then. There may be a good reason, or not. I don't have to save the world today. Neither do you. Maybe it's enough just to take care of you.
If you want some more advice, please call someone else. I'm done- for today.
Peace.

Comments

  1. Well said, Murray. Makes me want to be ADD today! -- or perhaps I am and don't know it!!! :-)
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Stay Interested

Find your keys, Buy food, Stay Married